నమస్కారం! What are you looking for?‎


Thursday 18 February 2021

Our World 4 (chapter 1) Family Question and Answers

 

Family

1. State two reasons for the increase of nuclear families.

Two reasons for the increase of nuclear families;

(a) a promotion or a transfer in their job.

(b) a change in peoples life styles.

2. Write the reasons for changes in a family.

There will be changes in a family when a new member joins (by marriage or birth) or leaves a family (by transfer or death).

3. Give two reasons on how the use of home appliances changed the life style of people.

Earlier people used to cook on fire wood which took a long time and smoke would make the kitchen and vessels black and dirty. Nowadays people use a gas stove which is convenient, fast to cook and clean.

Earlier people used to wash their clothes at a river, a lake or give them to the washerman. Washing clothes was a strenuous work. Nowadays people use a washing machine which is very convenient because it is easy, fast and can be done while doing some other work.

4.  A new family moved to your neighbourhood. What questions will you ask to know about their family?

a) Hello, what is your name?

b) Where do you come from?

c) How many brothers and sisters do you have?

d) Which school do you go to?

e) In which class are you in?

f) What does your father do?

5. Draw some pictures of home appliances.



6. Collect names of your family members and draw your family tree.



8. Whom do you like most in your family, write a few lines about them.

I like all members of my family, each one of them is special to me. I like my mother, she takes care of me and my family. She cooks very tasty food. She tells me stories. She helps me with the homework.